Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dries Van Noten Spring 2011 RTW

as you know dries is my hero, a pioneer, legend and truly one of the most incredible designers of this era. i am most excited about the unveiling of AW 11 .. so very soon in Paris. i can hardly wait to be transported into a stratosphere far away into elation. no trends, just Dries. the Dries ethos.

completely full filling my desires until then, was the arrival of Spring 11 in our office this week. already four pieces purchased, my heart especially skipped a beat.. or two.. with the dip dyed denim jacket. trying it on for the first time was insane. i could hardly take my eyes off him. this is the thing with Dries. it consumes you and the hunt is on, literally, to add more and more to your own little capsule.. the addiction is un-parralelled and without restraint. all i need is dries. 

the spring 2011 as you know was inspired by the late painter, jef verheyen 
(a Belgian painter who died in 1984, and it made him ponder the ways he could transmute Verheyen’s efforts to capture light... source: via style.com) 

the inspiration is echoed throughout the collection entirely. piece by piece, the light has resonated and lures you in. a sense of calm and completeness. i am done. 

ps.. my jacket is insane, did i mention? oh my. he is my leading man right now x